- Appears a group of three white candlesticks with the first two white candlesticks possessing long real bodies whereas the third white candlestick possesses a small a real body.
- The second candlestick must close higher than the first candlestick and usually the third candlestick closes higher than the second candlestick, but not that far from the previous day’s close.
- The third candlestick can either gap away or ride on the shoulder of the second candlestick (usually forms a Doji star, Spinning Top, or Shooting Star)
- Also known as the Deliberation pattern
- Effect: Signals that the bull’s strength has been temporarily exhausted and the stock may experience correction or a reversal